IRS Play or Pay Reporting: The Final Countdown
Tuesday, December 8th | 12:00 p.m. MT
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act¹s (ACA) reporting requirements are rapidly approaching for employers with group health plans or with 50 or more full time or full time equivalent employees. During 2015 the IRS released a variety of FAQs, as well as draft and then final instructions for employers who are preparing to file. This webinar will provide an overview of all of the information reporting guidance and instructions.
During this 90-minute webinar, we will:
- Review the 2015 final reporting forms and instructions, highlighting new information as compared to the 2014 forms and instructions
- Review the timing requirements for employers to submit forms to the IRS and to employees; as well as the new extension process
- Discuss the appropriate methods and best practices for providing employees with the forms
- Explain the difference in reporting requirements for small (less than 50) and large (50 or more) employers, and self-funded versus fully insured
- Review line 22 of Form 1094-C and the four ³certifications of eligibility² and when they apply
- Provide best practices on when employers merge
- Discuss how an employer reports on HRA coverage and stand alone self-funded prescription drug coverage
- And more!
This 90-minute basic to intermediate webinar will help employers understand how to avoid triggering the excise tax, and how to pay it in the event a penalty is due.
Presenter – Kathleen R. Barrow