Cari received her B.A. with distinction from the University of Colorado at Denver in Psychology with minors in Communications and Sociology. After working as a mental health counselor, she changed course and joined the insurance industry. With more than 10 years of insurance experience, Cari is well-versed in consulting, negotiations, claim advocacy, and customer service. She has been with Cherry Creek Benefits since 2007 and brought with her the expertise she earned during her extensive work as an Account Manager in the brokerage community. She currently holds the designations of Registered Health Underwriter and Registered Employee Benefit Consultant from The American College of Finance. She has also served on the board of the Colorado Group Insurance Association and the United HealthCare Benefit Advisory Committee.
Cari is an expert at teaching others and explaining concepts. She provides efficient and effective employee benefits consultation which includes plan design, renewal negotiations, plan implementation, employee education, administration assistance and ongoing customer service.
Cari is a Colorado native and the mom of two very active boys. On her off time she enjoys snowboarding, camping, hiking, and all things outdoors.
• RHU®—Registered Health Underwriter: This designation is the undisputed professional credential for persons involved in the sale and service of disability income and health insurance. Individuals earning the RHU designation demonstrate a high level of knowledge about the principles and practices governing the disability income and health insurance business.
• REBC®—Registered Employee Benefit Consultant: Individuals earning the REBC designation develop an understanding of the various types of group benefits and retirement plans, and the practical knowledge needed for choosing and/or designing the best benefits package that will meet the client’s needs
• Golden Key International Honor Society Member—Recognized for outstanding academic achievement
• University of Colorado at Denver—B.A. with distinction in Psychology with minors in Communication and Sociology
• The American College of Finance—RHU® & REBC® Professional Designations
Cari actively supports local non-profits through charity work.